Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Like The Ringleader...I Call The Shots.

Setting: Tuesday evening. Our kitchen.
Topic: Wedding Decor.
Participants: Brian and I.

Me: Hey babe - Do you have a minute to look at some of these ideas I found and tell me what you think?
B: Sure. *Quickly looks through the six photos I've printed out*
B: I hate it. I hate it all. *Takes second look at one photo* Well, this is okay. I can get behind this.
Me: What do you mean you hate it?
B: This is way too country.
Me: What do you mean country? What did you have in mind?
B: Something more modern, contemporary.
Me: Such as? Colors? What?!
B: I don't know, like a nice brown..with a nice TEAL.





*******************************************
Did someone not explain to Brian his role in all of this? Maybe he needs a list.

1. Contribute Monies.
2. SHOW UP.

I'm only partially kidding. He gets to be responsible for music and his attire. That is enough responsiblity for one man to handle. If I wanted to be a beast, I could take away his attire responsiblity but I know how he likes to look as fresh as possible.

It's "our day" but really, it's my day. Let's not get that confused.

Coming soon - A few ideas. With pictures!

9 comments:

  1. Country is gingham and live chickens. Not Anthropologie. Know your roll. Sit back, and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so I'm digging the brown & teal color scheme...really! It can still be worked in
    as a casual chill setting.Hydrangeas will look nice with teal & brown. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen your ideas and they are legit. Its not like the bridesmaids are going to be wearing bandanas and corn rows.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My colors are Blush and Bashful, Mama"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie Cindi - NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT.

    Stacey - I think you're onto something with this corn row thing...and....HA HA HA HA! Nice use of Steel Magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at "country" - please no plaid tableclothes. Brian is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you're famous for saying: Brian - PUMP THE BRAKES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian just needs more pictures to see the vision we have. Yes, I used "we" becuase lets face it, I am your right hand man here. Obviously, you and Brian are the financial backers- but I am your brawn. Never met a negotiation I didn't like..or win...Just ask Comcast.

    ReplyDelete