Friday, January 7, 2011

PLEASE COME BACK! I'm SORRY!

It has been way, way too long. Mostly because I had nothing new or noteworthy to share. I suppose I should've had an update in September and October but you know how these things go. Right?

July:

We booked our caterer. It took me quite awhile to feel comfortable enough to sign the papers. I had to be sure that we were doing the right thing. Let's be honest here - we aren't capable of hiring a company that serves exotic and exciting cuisine that uses rare meats stewed in far away spices. We don't roll like that (yet). We are excited about our menu though. It is...different. Different from a typical wedding menu, not different in a "what the fuck am I eating?" way. At least I hope it's not in that way.

We also secured a baker for our desserts and cake. He is a friend of my brother who works for a Chicago bakery. We are very excited about all the goodies he is going to make for us. We aren't doing anything fancy or exotic, just recognizable, tasty treats that may or may not remind you of being a kid (if you were lucky enough to enjoy sweet snacks as a kid).

September:

Brian and I had our engagement shoot with our photographer Jeremy Lawson. Let me just start out by saying that it was nothing short of awesome. Jeremy is so much fun and made us feel very comfortable. It took me awhile to warm up because you know I'm only good at taking photos when I've had a few drinks, but Brian was a natural. This guy thought he was a supermodel during the shoot. The shoot that almost didn't happen - if I must add. I completely mixed up the days of our shoot. Here I am, off to Jennifer's house for a nice lunch, visit with Jane, and jewelry raiding when I see several missed calls from Brian and one from Jeremy telling me he was waiting for us. Long story short, I fucked up and we did our shoot the next day.

We did our shoot at my old stomping grounds - Portage Park. A place very near and dear to me. Portage proved to have more to offer than drunks and bad ass kids skipping school. Jeremy was able to make Portage look BEAUTIFUL.  We were so anxious to see the photos that I literally stalked his blog for a month. It was embarrassing to say the least. When we finally got the photos I could not stop looking at them. All 93 photos. Non-stop. We were obsessed.

We absolutely can't wait for our friends and family to meet him at our wedding and we can't wait to see what he captures that day!


December:

I sort of slowed down in December, what with the holiday stress and all. Brian and I did start to put together a list of songs we'd like to play, what we don't want to play (Sorry Shakira, sorry Sean Paul, sorry G6 song). I did discovery that Brian picked not one, but two UB40 songs. Interesting. We'd be more than happy to hear input on this from everyone! We aren't music snobs! Naturally, Britney will be played more than once, but you must have known this. Love me some Britney. If I really had my way, we'd play all Britney and all Glee. ALL NIGHT. : )

Present:

It's time to kick it into high gear. I've made an appointment with a florist, set up a meeting with my girls to go dress shopping, hired a day of coordinator (more on that in another post) and am in the process of looking for hair and make-up. Oh, and I'm also trying to work on my fitness. So far, so good. It's just a matter of staying motivated. Motivated to do EVERYTHING. Particularly keep this blog up. If you've left me because of neglect on my part I'm sorry! Please come back! I promise I'll be better!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet everyone either! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not one mention of me here. Selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha way to make Steph's wedding about you Stacey! :oP

    ReplyDelete